A classic with a tough edge. The name Kova™ springs from Finnish origin, meaning “tough, hard, or demanding a lot of effort to endure.” Designed by veteran knife designer, Ken Steigerwalt, the front lock folding knife’s strength and durability isn’t just in the name, it’s how it rises to face everyday tasks and challenges.
- Easy to Sharpen: high carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Strong and Lightweight: glass-reinforced nylon handle is durable and lightweight
- Safe and Secure: Unique front lock mechanism utilizes the liners as springs
- Ambidextrous: thumb stud and front lock allows blade opening and closing with either hand
- Low Profile: deep carry clip rides low in the pocket
Ever since he was a kid, whenever Ken Steigerwalt needed a knife, he would just make one. Now a renowned innovator with 35 years of designing knives under his belt, Ken introduces the Kova™. Inspired by older style midlock and backlock folders, Ken chose a front lock design using the knife’s liners as springs for the front lock, thus creating even more space for the blade. Simplifying the internal mechanism also impacted the exterior composition—making the knife more convenient to hold, with far less requirement to change your grip when opening or closing.
Complete with a 3.5” drop point blade and glass-reinforced nylon handles to showcase the subtle pattern work, the Kova™’ is the dependable everyday carry. With the front lock design, there’s no question this heavy duty knife will please both right and left handed users, with the ability to open and close the knife with a single hand.
For those looking for an everyday savior, choose the Kova™ for strength and simplicity.